Periodontal Gum Treatment & Surgery in Tijuana
At the New Age Dental Clinic in Tijuana our teams of specialists provides affordable, comprehensive dental care focused on the unique needs of patients with gum disease. We offer dental gum treatment and surgery in Tijuana, Mexico.
Parents looking for dental services for dental gum treatment or surgery, can request an appointment online or call. The initial visit is usually a comprehensive initial evaluation with NO COST.
Call us today: (760) 298 3039
What You Need to Know Before Dental Gum Treatment or Surgery
Periodontal disease is a bacterial illness that infects the gum tissue causing swelling, redness, inflammation and loss of bone around the teeth. The National Institute of Health reports that 80 percent of adults in America have some type of periodontal disease.
Periodontal disease begins with bacteria present in the mouth. The bacteria collect and multiply, forming a biofilm called dental plaque. If this plaque is left on the teeth, the next gingival tissues can become inflamed, resulting in the development of gingivitis, an early kind of gum disease. Daily flossing and twice-daily cleaning with a toothpaste that fights bacteria can assist in preventing gingivitis. Plaque and food debris are removed by oral hygiene practices and thus clean the face of the teeth and remove bacterial plaque in the gum line of the teeth. [It needs to be clear from this section that gingivitis is an early form of gum disease which can result in periodontitis, a serious sort gum disease, if left untreated]
As the plaque bacteria from the biofilm proceeds to collect and goes below the gum line a periodontal pocket grows. At this time, home care isn’t too effectual in removing the dental plaque. The biofilm will continue to propagate below the gum line and infect the interior of the pocket if it’s left untreated by the dentist or dental hygienist. The bacteria in the plaque produce by-products which cause the hard and soft tissue that is next to degrade, forming a deeper pocket in the process. This type of advanced periodontal disease can affect the roots of the teeth and they can become infected, too. The teeth may become uncomfortable or loose and also gum surgery will be required by the patient. The individual would be required to get first therapy to treat diseased periodontal pockets through scaling and root planning. The dental hygienist would hand scale the root and tooth surface to make it smooth and disease free and would utilize an ultrasonic scaling apparatus to remove tartar, plaque and food debris below the gum line. Scaling and root planing might be finished in two to four sessions based on how much oral disease the individual may have.
Kinds of Gum Operation
Gingival Flap Surgery
Gingivial Flap Operation:
1. Gingival Flap Operation – If pockets are greater than 5 millimeters in depth, this procedure to decrease the periodontal pockets that were noticed in a patients chart would be conducted by the periodontist. The gum tissue would cut against to separate the gum tissue from the teeth, conduct a thorough deep cleaning with an ultrasonic scaling apparatus in addition to hand devices to eliminate biofilm, plaque and tartar below the pockets.
2. Gingivectomy – This process is conducted to remove excessive gum tissue that’ll be overgrown on the teeth to give a better place to wash the teeth. The patients gingiva tissue would numb and cut and eliminate the extra gum tissue in the mouth.
Gingivoplasty: Before / After
3. Gingivoplasty – This form of gum operation is utilized to reshape healthy gum tissue round the teeth to make them look better. If a person has tooth recession where the gum is pushed away from the tooth, a gingivoplasty might be done. A gum graft could be done where the tissue is taken from the roof of the mouth (this is known as a graft) and then stitched into place on both sides of the tooth that is recessed.
After gum operation, it is essential the periodontist or dental hygienist tell you the way to clean gingiva tissue and the teeth with a toothbrush and an antimicrobial fluoride toothpaste, floss and antibacterial mouth rinse. Please consult your periodontal specialist or dentist for more information of how to take care of teeth and your gum tissue after gum surgery.
- What is a periodontal surgery?
- What is the main cause of gum disease?
- What is flap surgery of the gums?
- Is gum disease treatable?
- How much does gum treatment cost in Mexico
Periodontal surgery is a plastic (reshaping) surgical procedure designed to restore and regenerate normal form and function to lost and damaged periodontal structures which support the teeth (the gum tissue, periodontal ligament and bone)
The bacteria cause inflammation of the gums that is called “gingivitis.” In gingivitis, the gums become red, swollen and can bleed easily. Gingivitis is a mild form of gum disease that can usually be reversed with daily brushing and flossing, and regular cleaning by a dentist or dental hygienist.
Gingival flap surgery is a type of gum procedure. The gums are separated from the teeth and folded back temporarily. This allows a dentist to reach the root of the tooth and the bone.
While periodontal disease is treatable, vigilance is necessary to prevent recurrence: institute daily plaque removal through brushing and flossing as a part of your oral hygiene; seek treatment to quit smoking; and establish a regular schedule of clinical cleanings and checkups.
Gum disease treatment costs in Mexico may be as little as $200, or as much as $10,000, depending on the severity of the disease. The cost for a regular dental prophylaxis averages between $30 and $75, while the average cost for periodontal scaling and root planing is between $140 and $210.